NASA Scientists Answer Top Space Weather Questions
NASA scientists answer some common questions about the sun, space weather, and how they affect the Earth. This is a two-part series.
Part One addresses:
1. What is space weather?
2. What are coronal mass ejections?
3. What are solar flares?
4. What are solar energetic particles?
5. What causes flares and CMEs?
Part Two addresses:
1. Do all flares and CMEs affect the Earth?
2. What happens when a flare or CME hits the Earth?
3. How quickly can we feel the effects of space weather?
4. Why are there more flares and CMEs happening now?
For more information about all these questions and more, visit NASA's Space Weather FAQ.
For individual interview responses to frequently asked space weather questions, go here.
Please give credit for this item to:
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
SeriesThis visualization can be found in the following series:
TapesThis visualization originally appeared on the following tapes:
General Heliophysics Space Weather Interviews
Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 4:00AM
Produced by - Robert Crippen