1. Will you be making a version for (or will it run on) my mobile device or computer?"
NASA Viz is available for iOS and Android devices.
We are tracking a wealth of public commentary, suggestions, and requests for enhancements, new features, additional platforms and desktop versions. These will be integrated into our debrief and recommendations to NASA management regarding future efforts.
So, while we don't have any news on future mobile platform development at this time, we are happy to report that NASA is strongly committed to expanding public awareness of the Agency's knowledge, activities and results.
For more updates on new releases, other platform support, and additional resources, please keep tabs on the NASA web site: http://www.nasa.gov/apps
In addition, you can find NASA content formatted for most mobile platforms by visiting NASA's mobile website:
Image of kids using the NASAViz app at school.
2. Why can't I hear sound in the movies that have audio?
Below each movie there is a caption with information about the movie duration and whether that movie has audio or not. If the movie has audio, increase the volume using the sound volume button on your device. If you are still experiencing issues, please make sure you are running the latest version of the app.
3. Why can't I play movies in HD?
All movies are streamed to the app, so movie quality depends on the signal of your WiFi or cellular connection. You might want to check the quality of your WiFi or cellular signal and try again. We plan on adding the option of downloading high-definition movies in a future release of the app.
4. During movie playback, why is the movie quality low or why do I only hear the audio tracks?
All movies are streamed to the app so movie quality depends on the signal of your WiFi or cellular connection. If you're experiencing low quality movie or are only hearing the audio during playback, it's likely the quality of your WiFi or cellular signal is poor.
To download the highest quality movie to your device, save the story for offline viewing:
1. Tap the "Save Story" icon in the bottom toolbar and select "Save." This will save all story elements (text, images, videos) to your device.
2. To access the saved story, open the "Saved Stories" list located under "My Lists" in the pop-up "Story Lists" panel.
5. The app is no longer working properly. What should I do?
Sometimes, quitting and restarting the app can resolve unexpected issues.
If the problem persists, please contact our team and describe the issues you are experiencing.
6. How often are new stories released?
A new story is released every other Monday.
7. Will you support my language? (French, Spanish, German, etc?)
The application is currently only available in English. While we do not have any immediate plans to support other languages, the suggestion to incorporate additional languages has been brought to our attention.