NOTE: You need to use Mozilla's Firefox browser in order to use this plug-in. Firefox is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
Firefox can be downloaded from http://www.mozilla.com.
To install the Firefox plug-in, "DownThemAll!"
1. Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downthemall/ and download the plug-in/add-on.
2. Install the program by clicking on the "Download Now" button.
3. After that, go to the page listing the frames you want to download. (For example, http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a003000/a003032/frames/1024x512/)
4. Right click and choose "DownThemAll!" from the pop-up menu.
5. A new dialog box will appear, if not already chosen, click "Links" in the upper left corner.
6. You should now be presented with a list of all the frames available from this Web page.
7. You now need to select the frames you want to download. There are several ways to do this.
- You can manually check (and uncheck) the circles next to the URLs.
- You can highlight a URL, then using a combination of the <SHIFT> key and arrow keys, you can select URLs sequentially. Likewise, you can use the <CTRL> key to select non-sequentially. HOLD the key down and right-click with the mouse to get the action menu. Select "Check Selected Items" from the pop-up menu.
- You can use the filters near the bottom of the dialog box.
8. Under "Save files in", choose a place on your hard drive where the images should be saved.
9. Click on "Start!" to download.